About: Fly + Intellect
Mz Coko likes being Fly... and Mz Coko likes talking about stuff other than clothes... cuz that's what 'Intellectuals' do. Plus Mz Coko has a slight case of ADD and can not stay on one topic... so whatever Mz Coko feels like talking about (something along the lines of fashion and black folk issues) is what is gonna get talked about.
.Recently.Mz.Coko.Thought...
.Catch.Up.
.About.Mz.Coko.

Name: Coko Mulan
Home: Detroit, MI, United States
About Me: 23. Christian. TheDazzleCartelFounder.SalonZeroDegrees.AccessoryFreak. ShoeAddict. UniversityOfMichiganAlumni. BigSister. Daughter. AttitudeProblem. Comedienne. Shop-a-holic. Intellectual(Duh). Opinionated
See my complete profile

.Mz.Coko.Likes...
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  Tuesday, June 5, 2007  
 
 
Soundtrack to my life
So.. The Princess asked me if I had a soundtrack to my life... what would it be.. So it took me awhile to think about it, and I thought it would be a good post...So here's my soundtrack.. in no particular order..


Ciara-Goodies. It's on the soundtrack because... if you looking for the goodies keep on looking cuz they stay in the jar... and just because you drive a benz i'm not going home with you. That's my philosophy and it fits me...




Prince-1999. I party like it's 1999 all the time... I party like there is no tomorrow... like it's 1999. Enough said.



Musiq- Teachme. I feel like the female version of this song. People tell me I have issues letting people "in" as far as relationships go but.. that's a whole other post "You say I don’t know how to love you baby/
Well I say show me the way/
I keep my feelings deep inside I/
Shadow them with my pride I/
I’m trying desperately baby just work with me/
Baby /
Teach me how to love/
Show me the way to surrender my heart/
Girl I’m so lost/
Teach me how to love/
How I can get my emotions involved/
Teach me /
Show me how to love/
Show me the way to surrender my heart"



Tupac-Dear Mama. No my mama wasn't on drugs or nothing.. and my mama would never put me out... I have never been in any type of serious trouble but it was a struggle.. there were some things I resented when I was younger because I didn't understand.. but now I'm older and I understand... Last summer I took one class and worked 40 hours and almost killed myself... so I couldn't imagine what that is like and trying to be a good wife and mother.. at my age! Just want to let my mommy know that she is appreciated and loved although it's not always shown.




India.Arie-Video. I loved this song and still do cuz I'm not the average girl in your video and I ain't built like a supermodel.. but that don't mean I can't be a model.. and my worth ain't determined by the price of my clothes... even though... I do love clothes... and shoes... and jewelry... but I was still me, and beautiful, and loved before I could afford to buy myself all that.. and I still save and take care of my business. "I know my Creator didn't make no mistakes on me." I just wish all of my friends could see that.



Destiny's Child-So Good. People always used to tell me I wasn't gonna be nothing... I wasn't gonna go to college... I wasn't gonna be shit... or just being fake cuz i got something they want... there were doubters... but I'm doing So Good... SO GREAT... and so much better than most of them



Letoya-She Don't. This goes on here... cuz.. it's about this young man from back in the day... she don't and I do... and we still talk.. but I don't want him back.. it's just nice to know he lingers... I'm selfish.. I guess



Kirk Franklin & The Family- Rain Down on Me. It's always a blessing when anything from heaven rains down on me. I just love this song, and I always have.



Alicia Myers- I Wanna Thank You. I thank God for all of my blessings... and this is a beautiful song... Alicia Myers is my friend's mother too.. although the whole time I was in high school... I didn't know who she was lol.. cuz I just found out last year who sung this song.


T.I.-Motivation. Na'an nigga don't stop my shop... If God with me, who could be against me? Enough said.



Master P- I Miss My Homies. This used to be my song... and I've lost to many people in my life.. not to violence... but in general.. and I really feel this song. Back when Master P used to be the $400 million man.... when he actually rapped about some real stuff... not just... hoody hoo and them jeans.. But... I really feel this song



Mary J. Blige- I'm Going Down. I've never been in love.. but this is my all-time, absolute FAVORITE song in the world. So naturally, it has to be on here.




Al Green- Lean on Me. I believe in karma... u get what u give... and I'm always letting somebody lean on me (my mama hates this) and that's just how i am... I pretty much will do anything for anybody.




Kanye West-Drive Slow. I love this song... and my mama always telling me to slow down... I know so many people who need to slow down 2... plus Kanye is my homie..




Lupe Fiasco-Day Dreamin. "I Had To Turn My Back On What Got You Paid/
I Couldn't See Had The Hood On Me Like Abu Ghraib/
But I'd Like To Thank The Streets That Drove Me Crazy/
And All The Televisions Out There That Raised Me" I daydream a lot... Lupe is the shii... Jill Scott is the shii... and there you go.



Brandy-Best Friend. I got some awesome people in my life, what else can i say? Most of them have been there for the past 6-7 years... which is a long time for friends... and they hold me down so.. yeah.



Alicia Keys-Girlfriend. Some people are just jealous of me... most of the time it's not the Best Friends... but my boy-friends(not boyfriends)... their chicks get VERY, VERY jealous.. which I find amusing.



The Commodores-Brick House. I like to think that I'm a brick house. lol.




Monica- Don't Take It Personal. I have these days often. At least 3 days out of the month... it's called PMS...



Jamie Foxx-Heaven. Cuz it reminds me of my Grandma and Great-Grandma.



Juvenile-Back That Thang Up. I used to love this CD... I know I was most likely too young to listen to this cd... oh well.. NEHOOT... this is the final song... but.. this gotta be on the soundtrack! lol


21 songs on my soundtrack... I could go on but.. I think I'll stop.. lol.. What songs would be on YOUR life's soundtrack??

Labels:

posted by Coko Mulan @ 1:18 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At Friday, 15 June, 2007, Blogger The Second Sixty-Eight said…

    Well thanks for stealing my idea before I got to it. I actually did this as a gift to my wife on our 10th anniversary. A two CD soundtrack (so far...) I am thinking about the next installment.

    That Alicia Meyers story is funny. I had a similar thing happen. Hari Paris is my father's old neighbor. She would come by to say hey and I would never get to meet her myself. I found out who she was after they hooked me up with her daughter. Funny thing is that she wrote and sung my favorite song.

     
  • At Monday, 18 June, 2007, Blogger Coko Mulan said…

    68... who is Hari Paris?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home