About: Fly + Intellect
Mz Coko likes being Fly... and Mz Coko likes talking about stuff other than clothes... cuz that's what 'Intellectuals' do. Plus Mz Coko has a slight case of ADD and can not stay on one topic... so whatever Mz Coko feels like talking about (something along the lines of fashion and black folk issues) is what is gonna get talked about.
.Recently.Mz.Coko.Thought...
.Catch.Up.
.About.Mz.Coko.

Name: Coko Mulan
Home: Detroit, MI, United States
About Me: 23. Christian. TheDazzleCartelFounder.SalonZeroDegrees.AccessoryFreak. ShoeAddict. UniversityOfMichiganAlumni. BigSister. Daughter. AttitudeProblem. Comedienne. Shop-a-holic. Intellectual(Duh). Opinionated
See my complete profile

.Mz.Coko.Likes...
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  Tuesday, June 5, 2007  
 
 
Congrats Baby BWUDDA!! The Boy made it
So my younger brother graduated from high school Sunday. He was the first male in the family in 20 years (this is from my great-grandma on down... she has 50 -no exaggeration- grandkids and about 100 great-grandkids..) and the first great-grandson to graduate from high school. So needless to say.. the family is proud. He wasn't excited though... He said he'll get excited when he graduates from high school. My mama was so happy she was glowing... Who would have thought.. a teenage mom from the ghetto (the for-real ghetto).. both kids graduating from high school and going to college on full scholarships. So I'm proud of her and I'm proud of him!!

My brother and I probably have been fighting since he came out of the womb... and we still fight.. and it irritates my mama.. but I don't let nobody mess with him and he don't let nobody mess with me.. So i'm gonna take a trip down memory lane.. me and my brother..


When he was a baby... and I have no idea what that is on the pic...


Us with Barney.. lol



My senior pix



The boy before my prom


My other brother, me and the boy at some arcade place


The boy, me, best friend Mr. Talented and Mr. Talented's brother (also The Boy's best friend) at my graduation

One of the boy's Senior Pix (it's a pic of a pic.. ghetto.. yes)


My dad, the boy, and me be4 the boy's prom


Me at The Boy's graduation!!

The Boy is going to Saint Joseph's College of Indiana to be a Puma. He wants to be a physical therapist. He got a full scholarship playing football and running track. Here's his highlight tape.. I don't know if this is the full version or the first draft version but anyway... that's the Boy and his big sis is proud

Labels: ,

posted by Coko Mulan @ 9:35 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, 05 June, 2007, Blogger Jaxkat said…

    Hey Mz.Coko, thanks for sharing! Your mom should be proud of you both. My eldest was the first in his father's family to actually go to college and earn a degree. Great job to you and your brother (The Boy), lol.

    Also, it's nice to SEE you. :-)

     
  • At Tuesday, 05 June, 2007, Blogger Jazzy said…

    Look at you lookin all cute and perky! Luv that red dress!

    You look real sneaky in that first pic though! There's just something about that smile...were you pinching "the boy" on the sly???? lol

    Your mom should be REALLY proud. Just look at the stats...she had a lot to overcome on her own, but somehow she did and she made sure you two excelled as well.

    Luv it! :-)

     
  • At Tuesday, 05 June, 2007, Blogger Coko Mulan said…

    @ jaxkat.. thanks.. and we will be the first two go to college and get degrees

    @ diva.. thanks.. and i probably was pinching him... when i say we used to fight... we used to FIGHT... and i'm pretty sure it goes farther back than the age i can remember.. and my mommy is proud.. she's literally bursting at the seams with pride these days lol

     
  • At Tuesday, 05 June, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know for a fact your mother is proud of both of yall.

    I love that first pic. You look real sneaky. lol

     
  • At Wednesday, 06 June, 2007, Blogger Coko Mulan said…

    i know you know SG.. since u and her are friends.. i just thought about it.. you probably know ALL of my business... cuz my mama tells it... geeeeeez

     
  • At Friday, 08 June, 2007, Blogger Jonne Austin said…

    MzCoko you are a cutie! You and your brother are so cute! I am very happy to hear that our black youth don't need to hold on to bull stereotypes and ACTUALLY work hard despite the odds against them. This right here is beautiful. Best of luck!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home