About: Fly + Intellect
Mz Coko likes being Fly... and Mz Coko likes talking about stuff other than clothes... cuz that's what 'Intellectuals' do. Plus Mz Coko has a slight case of ADD and can not stay on one topic... so whatever Mz Coko feels like talking about (something along the lines of fashion and black folk issues) is what is gonna get talked about.
.Recently.Mz.Coko.Thought...
.Catch.Up.
.About.Mz.Coko.

Name: Coko Mulan
Home: Detroit, MI, United States
About Me: 23. Christian. TheDazzleCartelFounder.SalonZeroDegrees.AccessoryFreak. ShoeAddict. UniversityOfMichiganAlumni. BigSister. Daughter. AttitudeProblem. Comedienne. Shop-a-holic. Intellectual(Duh). Opinionated
See my complete profile

.Mz.Coko.Likes...
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  Tuesday, July 3, 2007  
 
 
I been gone for a minute now I'm back with the Jump-Off... Ms. Kelly iFly Album Review
Ok... so I know I been ghost... but 2 jobs, social life, friends, parties, social gatherings, and boos (well now one boo) has been keeping me extra busy... and extra tired. I have a lot to blog about but not a lot of time... but nehoot.. My girl Kelly's ( I love Destiny's Child.. in all forms) album came out today... and as I sit here at my second job doing not too much of anything... I decided to listen to the whole thing.. (thanks YBF) If u want to listen to the album click here.. and then I decided to review it... but first... let's take a look at the flyness that is Ms. Kelly











Source
Ms. Rowland is fly. Period. Flyer than Beyonce... yeah i said it.. even though Beyonce is my girl... neway

Like This ft. Eve- I love like this... it's a club banger and I'm a club head... I'm sure u all have heard it and can judge for yourself

Comeback- This song is another upbeat, club-type song... Basically she's talkin about how she's the shii in the bedroom and got that comeback punanny... she'll make u fall in love wit it, go home and tell ya mama, then come back to it. I like this.. I'm sure it is going to be one of the those female anthems.... and is going to have quite a few girls changing their MySpace headings to "I got that comeback".

Ghetto ft. Snoop Dogg- This song is about how she want a ghetto nigga... guy.. man.. whatever... I'm sorry... I don't want no ghetto man so hey... whatever is your cup of tea Kelly.. This song is ok... I mean.. the beat is good but I'm not a fan of Snoop '07... and the high pitch slow melody is just not my cup of tea either... But I didn't have to skip the song.

Work- Kelly obviously feels like she is top-notch in the bedroom. She wants to "see you work" and "you better leave a good impression before you hit the door"... Basically fellas u get one chance to prove yourself in the bedroom so u betta work... I FEEL THAT lol.. The beat is fast.. The singing is ok... it's that "fast talk singy" type stuff that Ciara does... Her vocals kinda remind me of Amerie (that strained yelling type) on this one.. just not as loud.

Flashback- Kelly sees old flame and wishes she was back with him.... She's having flashbacks... This beat.. is not your average beat... it sounds like something Timbaland would produce.. The vocals are different too... I like it. It's a different sound but I like it... vocally... its basic... but it works, I could do this as a single... The lyrics are real.. some stuff u know that goes thru ya head when u see your ex.

Every Thought is You- Basically she can't get him off the brain...she's addicted.. She steps it up a little bit vocally.. It's that average song on the R&B cd.. u know the one u start listening to cuz u going thru it at the time.. Nice beat. Reminds me of 90's R&B. 90's R&B was a good look.

The Show ft. Tank- They talking about somebody performing or something.. I dont know.. I mean the song str8... I like Tank's opening verse... but I get bored listening to it I dunno.. maybe its just me

Still In Love With My Ex- This is probably the best song on here because she steps it up 2 notches vocally... and she feels it... you can tell she feels it. She's talking about how she had the perfect man but couldn't marry him because she was still in love with her ex. This gives me DC flashbacks.. I loves it. Simple song but because she feels it... I feel it.

Love- She is trying to prove she can sing on this song.. but I don't know what it's about... I'm pretty sure this will be someone's favorite song but it ain't mine... kinda bores me. Moving on.

Better Without You-Well you know it ain't about Beyonce... lol... neway... it's a real slow moving song... the notes are real low.... the beat is real slow... don't drive with this song on ladies and gentleman... u will fall asleep and probably die. The way its sang... it sounds like a mantra that u have to keep telling urself.. i'm better without you. better without you. better without you. happy without you. etc. etc. etc.

This is Love- The beat is like an orchestra... string guitar chords come in... then some audible vocals. Not an R&B song in my opinion. I don't really feel it... it doesn't feel right on this part of the CD... I most likely will skip this song. This sounds like a last minute track... U can tell she is not in love... I'll tell u that. This is her version of Beyonce's Flaws and all... I guess.. and I hate that song 2. sue me.

Bottom Line.. it's a solid album.... I'll give it a 3.5/5... if I had money I might buy it.. who knows. lol. It was better than I expected though. She needs to get Ne-Yo to write her a song or something... ( I love Ne-Yo... even though he has a face for radio)

Labels: ,

posted by Coko Mulan @ 4:15 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At Tuesday, 03 July, 2007, Blogger Jazzy said…

    I like Kelly in all the outfits except the ghetto wonder woman get up...all she needs is a lasso and the bulletproof bangles.

    I used to love Kelly...until I heard her performance on BET. It's gonna take a minute to get that sound outta my head.

    I do like the current single that's out now though.

     
  • At Tuesday, 03 July, 2007, Blogger Jazzy said…

    Oh and welcome back...I was about to send out an APB for you!

     
  • At Tuesday, 03 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Coko I was wondering where ur butt been....nice synopsis of Kelly's album...

    im still not buying it...lol although I will download...


    lmbao

     
  • At Tuesday, 03 July, 2007, Blogger The Second Sixty-Eight said…

    For some reason she ain't my type. But she shole is fine! Looks like them legs go all the way up to her ass!

     
  • At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Blogger Tom_Gurl said…

    **Passing through-prolly here to stay..lol**

    Still In Love With My Ex is by far the best song on the album. Good run down of the album. It (the album) is much better than I thought it would be though....

     
  • At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well welcome back Li'l Ma! I understand how life demands! Nice run down on the CD. That's what i like, a REAL review. I'm probably into Kelly's momma's music but she definitely has talent, and I get tired of BeBe's upper range yelling.

    Thanks for checkin' in and yes QPQL is part of a series (Blog Opera if you will). Go back and get QPQL, the prologue, I and II.

     
  • At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Blogger Coko Mulan said…

    @ O.Diva- the performance on BET... hmm i give her a pass on it... i've heard her do better... just not around beyonce.. and yeah i'm back! lol..

    @ Yaz.. i prolly will only download it 2..

    @ 68.. lol ur such a guy

    @ tom_gurl- welcome lol and... agreed about the song

    @ sojourner g- i always check in lol.. and i'm definitely going to have to go baq and read it

     
  • At Thursday, 05 July, 2007, Blogger JustMeWriting said…

    I can't stand Kelly, but she does look fly as heck in all those pic's.

     
  • At Thursday, 05 July, 2007, Blogger The Glam Life said…

    Most singers are WAY flyer than Beyonstank! Yes, I said Beyonstank. I do not like the way she lies about her career and whatnot. I do love the way she performs live and some of her videos but other than that, Kelly is the BOMB!

     
  • At Friday, 06 July, 2007, Blogger Jonne Austin said…

    Your blog is being watched as we speak by Beyonce vampires....you've been warned lol. By the time you get this message they would've gotten to me.

     
  • At Wednesday, 11 July, 2007, Blogger Shug said…

    "don't drive with this song on ladies and gentleman... u will fall asleep and probably die" - LMAO! You are a trip!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home