About: Fly + Intellect
Mz Coko likes being Fly... and Mz Coko likes talking about stuff other than clothes... cuz that's what 'Intellectuals' do. Plus Mz Coko has a slight case of ADD and can not stay on one topic... so whatever Mz Coko feels like talking about (something along the lines of fashion and black folk issues) is what is gonna get talked about.
.Recently.Mz.Coko.Thought...
.Catch.Up.
.About.Mz.Coko.

Name: Coko Mulan
Home: Detroit, MI, United States
About Me: 23. Christian. TheDazzleCartelFounder.SalonZeroDegrees.AccessoryFreak. ShoeAddict. UniversityOfMichiganAlumni. BigSister. Daughter. AttitudeProblem. Comedienne. Shop-a-holic. Intellectual(Duh). Opinionated
See my complete profile

.Mz.Coko.Likes...
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER

 

 

 
  Monday, May 7, 2007  
 
 
D.L. Hughley on Don Imus... Mz Coko on D.L. Hughley
D.L. Hughley's take on the Don Imus and the Rutgers b-ball team situation... so much hoopla about the truth...



What do ya'll think? Well... I'll tell you what I think. I agree with D.L., on some points. I agree with him on his point that our black leaders put so much time and effort into stuff that don't really matter, stuff that are not REAL issues in the African-American community. I mean so what if rappers say niggas, so what if rappers say bitches, so what if rappers say hos. But by D.L.'s standards I guess I'm no a supporter of freedom of speech. I believe that there is power in words, and depending on the context of what you are saying and where you are saying it, you should not be able to get away with saying anything. That's just like cussing... yo mama probably know that you cuss... but u BETTA NOT sit yo 27-year-old self in front of her and cuss... and I'm sorry I am Don Imus's mama when it comes to him saying nappy-headed hos... you bet not say that shit around me AND don't let me find out..

People sit up here and say that back in the day people were more respectful, they did not use that kind of language in music. I listen to a lot of old-school and I would say.. I agree. I also agree that back in the day times were harder and people were more respectful etc, etc, etc. Today, we have all this black on black violence and our men disrespecting our women etc, etc, etc. Now these rappers didn't learn this out of thin air. People don't just wake up one day and go "Oh I think I want to start calling you a bitch and start selling drugs". Well.. maybe some people... but u feel me. You can try to censor these rappers and put all of this time and money campaigning about how we should get these things banned from music and tv but NOTHING is going to change. Nothing at all.. Why is that? Because the people are not changing. You can't expect that just because the rappers stop saying something that it's going to disappear. In a sense.. the people don't follow the rappers, the rappers follow the people. So if you stopped every rapper from saying bitch, nigga, and ho without changing the state of the black community then what? Nothing happens... You get a new rapper that comes out talkin bout nigga, bitch, and ho because thats all he knows.. So Al, Jesse, and Uncle Russell, what you need to be advocating is educating our children and helping our people.. and stop trying to put a band-aid over a bullet hole..

Labels:

posted by Coko Mulan @ 6:56 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home